Friday, April 8, 2011

Grandpa's Impact On My Life!

Me and Papa Just Before He Went to Heaven in June of 2007


Honoring Grandpa

By, Imogen Rayne

Without you, I am not sure where I would be,
Grandpa, you are the reason that I became me.
The guidance you have shown me through the years,
Helped me chase my dreams and forget my fears.

You never turned me away or told me good-bye,
With you beside me, I gained the courage to fly.
Now, I can share your story and continue to tell,
My children about the man I knew very well.

Time did not stop, when I learned you were gone,
I will hold my tears back and learn to carry on.
Allow him to forgive my troubles and strife,
Let me find a way, to honor him with my life.

Will I see you again, when my journey is through?
Until then, I will cherish my memories of you.
Grandpa, thanks for allowing me to shine so bright,
Watch over me and sleep with the angels tonight.

(Reprint)

PS:  I wrote this poem after my grandfather passed away from lung cancer. I still miss him but I was so blessed to have spent 33 years of my life with him. He was my best friend and I miss him so much everyday, but I know he is alive in me. 

This was taken three weeks before he passed away.

Papa’s Can Be Angel’s Too

By, Imogen Rayne

Thinking to when I was a little girl,
His words were my world.
Little girl wrapped like a gift,
Is closing her eyes and making a wish.

Lord allow him to stay,
In my life every day.
Words hurt sometimes when he spoke,
My heart he never broke.

Always working till he bled,
Too make sure his family is fed.
He went without just to make sure,
His family was safe and secure.

When he flies away to his home in the sky,
Hope he won't see his granddaughter cry.
Tears will fall the day he passes away,
He will be the angel who is watching me play.

(Reprint)

PS: I have made and added a memorial video to help that I would to share with you. You will find it listed on the side portion of my blog. I hope you enjoy catching a glimpse of our life together.



3 comments:

Penned Pebbles said...

Thank you for your words and visit! Looks like grandpa and papa have a special place in your heart.

AllMyPosts said...

Yeah!! I love my grap too!!


but this is the coolest way of expressing it!!! Really very cool!!


with warm regards
http://becomingprince.blogspot.com

Zoanna said...

What a treasure to have had such a wonderful grandpa in your life for so many years!