Sunday, March 17, 2013

Helium Writer Biography



I met my mom and grandparents for the first time on December 31, 1974 and became the apple of my grandparents' eyes. My mom met my stepdad, and when she married him, we became Navy brats. We moved around a lot. I struggled with moving so much and losing touch with friends. After I turned eleven, my parents divorced and we moved to Jacksonville, Florida.

I lost touch with my father, and I became a stupid teenager who knew everything. I dropped out of school and began working at sixteen for anyone who would hire me. After meeting and later marrying my husband in November 1994, we moved to Fort Benning, Georgia, in order for him to pursue his career in the Army. Once he finished his two years, he decided to leave the Army and move home again.

We came back home with a surprise, and she was born in July 1995. We struggled to pay bills and keep our relationship healthy for our daughter's sake. But we ended up growing apart. Just before the birth of our son in November of 1998, we split up and I began writing poems in order to ease the pain of my divorce and loneliness. I realized how much I enjoyed writing, and I began working on becoming a freelance writer.

(Read More)

No comments: