Friday, March 15, 2013

Learning to Manage Type 2 Diabetes



Type 2 diabetes can be life altering, I know because I have managed this disease for over ten years now. I had to research information about diabetes, so I can change my own eating habits. I am proud to say that I have learned how to control my diabetes and my A1C levels are "beautiful" according to my doctor. Here are some simple steps I learned from various sources, which can help you take control.

Step 1: What is the danger?

Proper management can actually save your life, since high glucose levels can immediately begin damaging your body. High glucose levels can damage your nerves throughout your body and small blood vessels found within the eyes. Additionally, it can cause problems with your kidneys and cause heart disease. Some patients have also lost their legs and feet, due to mismanagement of their diabetes.

Step 2: Why do I have it?

Type 2 Diabetes is the only disease that you can prevent or control by managing your food consumption and doing daily exercises. Basically, the pancreas will produce insulin, but it does not produce enough and the body cannot use the insulin correctly. Some the symptoms are: always hungry, drinking a lot, frequent urination, changes in vision, and slow wound healing.

(Read More)

No comments: