Saturday, January 3, 2015

Shenandoah from Happy Tribe

Shenandoah from Happy Tribe

Listen to “Shenandoah”for yourself.
A friend asked me to share his link, but I listened to it after I shared it. I found the song to be relaxing and nice to listen too. I enjoyed listening to the new song that he created, while also listening for the things that he asked me to listen for. I think he did a wonderful job in playing this song. Now, I would like to share it with my readers. Let me know what you think about this new song, which was played by one of my closest friends. Additionally, he has a list of more songs that he has composed, so take a moment to listen to them as well.

Statement from Happy Tribe/ Jan. 3, 2015: "Shenandoah", From "Let me Spin You A Song," a cycle of American songs. While Alan Lomax suggested that "Shenandoah" was a sea-shanty. Others suggest that it is of Native American origin, for it tells the tale of Sally, the daughter of the Indian Chief Shenandoah. She is courted for seven years, by a white Missouri river trader. I have attempted to "paint" the rolling waves into a simple string accompaniment. Listen for cross fades, terraced dynamics, and pans. I hope you will "like" and "share" this first song of my new cycle.- Happy Tribe

No comments: